Website Strata Energy Inc.
REPORTS TO: Production Superintendent
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
This position is responsible for collection of environmental samples. This job includes sampling monitor well, collecting soil samples and other environmental requirements as needed. Performing maintenance on equipment utilized in sampling (generators, elines, pump jacks, downhole water well pump systems, minor electrical components and flow meters). A strong commitment to safety and environmental compliance is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Operate generators and starter boxes to collect water samples from monitor wells.
- Operate environmental field equipment (pH meters, conductivity, temperature, starter box and ORP instruments).
- Collect samples from various locations and perform limited laboratory analysis of selected samples.
- Work with contractors and others to help collect water samples from low performing wells.
- Conduct required operations and safety inspections and maintain required written records.
- Maintain required operations monitoring data and information in written and/or electronic records.
- Operate a pickup and equipment utilized in the daily operations.
- Troubleshoot instruments and equipment problems and complete minor maintenance activities; complete minor repairs to piping and equipment.
- Demonstrate strong commitment to safety.
- This description is not limited to these requirements other job tasks may be required.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To qualify for this position an individual must be knowledgeable of basic environmental sampling and have a willingness to learn and follow company procedures for the safe and efficient operation of the daily actives. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to be insured by the company.
- Ability to work productively with minimal supervision and communicate effectively with supervisor, other operators and co-workers
- Must be able to read and write and perform basic math including multiplication and division.
- Ability to troubleshoot and correct malfunctions of equipment or other anticipated conditions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A high school diploma.
- Experience in environmental sampling.
- Experience with basic maintenance of sampling instruments, pumps and motors, pump jacks and generators.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, company procedures, and memos.
- Ability to write and maintain records.
- Ability to deal with vendors in the specification and ordering of required supplies.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to use basic computer word processing and spreadsheet programs (i.e. Word, Excel,).
- Ability to effectively use a computer based industrial plant operations system.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Self-motivated during daily operations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
A valid class “C” driver’s license is necessary.
SAFETY POLICIES AND PRACTICES
The employee must be knowledgeable about and follow the company’s industrial safety and radiation safety policies and procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and sit; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee may occasionally lift 25-100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to hazards typically associated with a uranium ISR plant facility which includes the presence of low levels of radioactive materials and radiation, low to moderate noises levels, moving equipment, slips on wet surfaces, and trips related to uneven ground and facility equipment. The work environment is typically indoors but outdoor work is required on occasion to complete inspections and other duties. Therefore, on occasion the employee can be exposed to inclement weather including cold, hot, snow, rain, mud etc.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com