One of Strata Energy’s core values is the protection of the health and safety of our employees, contractors and members of the communities where we operate. We believe that all injuries, incidents and occupational illnesses can be prevented and that everyone should go home safe and healthy at the end of each work day. No work is so important that health or safety should be compromised. To achieve our goal of zero injuries and work-related illnesses, we are committed to the following measures:
- We will promote healthy and safe behavior as a core value in our culture.
- We will provide a working environment free of uncontrolled hazards.
- We will identify, control and, where possible, eliminate risks to the health and safety of our employees, contractors and the public.
- We will establish clearly defined safe operating practices and procedures and will train our employees and contractors in their use.
- We will provide the expertise and resources needed to maintain safe and healthy working environments.
- We will monitor and assess the management of health and safety at our operations in an effort to continually improve our overall performance.
- We will comply with all applicable health and safety laws and regulations and will incorporate other measures including industry best practices to ensure that we have a robust, world-class health and safety management program.
All employees of Strata are expected to contribute to making Strata a healthy and safe place to work and are accountable for performing their jobs in compliance with this policy and our health and safety programs. All levels of management are responsible for ensuring there are no breaches of our health and safety practices, and are expected to motivate and coach their team and to champion positive health and safety behaviors.