Website Strata Energy
DEPARTMENT: Wellfield Construction
REPORTS TO: Construction Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Construction – This position is responsible for the construction of the header houses and their components (from the well installation to full construction of the house components, lateral line, feed line and downhole equipment). Installation of components needed to make each header house operational.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Safely operate equipment utilized in the construction of the header houses and their components.
- Safely operate fusing equipment, forklift, and other equipment used in the construction of the building and installing well components.
- Construction around wells, pipeline installation.
- Maintain required records for certain activities.
- Operate a pickup truck on company premises as necessary.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to safety and environmental protection.
- Supporting all departments and any other areas that require assistance.
- Maintain the equipment’s mechanical components.
This description is not limited to these requirements, other job tasks may be required.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To qualify for this position an individual must be knowledgeable of construction-related activities. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to be insured by the company.
- Ability to work productively with minimal supervision and communicate effectively with supervisor and co-workers.
- Must be able to read and write and perform basic math including multiplication and division.
- Experience working with construction and/or water or oil well service-type activities.
- Ability to troubleshoot and correct malfunctions of equipment.
- Construction activities, pipelining, and operations of equipment
EQUIPMENT UTILIZED DURING OPERATIONS
- Fusing Equipment
- Side Winder fusing press
- Poly press
- Water Truck
- Centrifugal pumps
- Diesel motors
- Poly Hose Reels
- Pulling unit
- Air Compressor
- Hand tools and power tools
- General Electrical
- Gluing PVC piping
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A high school diploma.
- Experience working with well work and construction activities
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, company procedures, and memos.
- Ability to write and maintain records.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Self-motivated during daily operations
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- A valid Driver’s License Class C
SAFETY POLICIES AND PRACTICES
The employee must be knowledgeable about and follow the company’s industrial safety and radiation safety policies and procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and sit; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must be able to lift 25-100 pounds repeatedly. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to hazards typically associated with a uranium ISR facility which include the presence of low levels of radioactive materials and radiation, low to moderate noises levels, moving equipment, slips on wet surfaces, and trips related to uneven ground and facility equipment. The work is generally outdoors, and the employee can be exposed to inclement weather including cold, hot, snow, rain, mud, etc.
To apply for this job please visit na2.documents.adobe.com.