Website Strata Energy
ISR Uranium Mine in Northern Wyoming
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
This position is responsible for uranium recovery operations at the Central Processing Plant (CPP) as well as for the operation of well field uranium production systems. This includes but is not limited to operating water treatment type equipment, monitoring flow rates, obtaining monitoring samples, transferring IX resin and maintenance of equipment; operating downhole electric water well pump systems, injection wells and header houses. A strong commitment to safety and environmental compliance is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Operate and monitor the CPP equipment for uranium recovery.
- Operate and monitor ISR well fields for uranium recovery.
- Collect samples from various process equipment and perform limited laboratory analysis of selected samples.
- Understand and use computerized plant and well field operating systems and respond to operating alarms.
- Conduct required operations and safety inspections and maintain required written records.
- Maintain required operations monitoring data and information in written and/or electronic records.
- Operate a pickup and other equipment on company premises.
- Troubleshoot plant and wellfield operations problems and complete minor maintenance activities; complete minor repairs to piping and equipment.
- Chemical inventory and monitoring.
- Set flow rates, on individual wells, oxygen meters and acid systems.
- Preventive maintenance on instruments and operating systems (Mag meters, turbine meters, Roto Meters, pumps, motors, solenoids, etc.
- Inspection on areas of operations, Wellfield and CPP.
- Balancing well patterns as needed per daily operations.
- Demonstrate strong commitment to safety.
- Perform a variety of tasks at the mine sites wellfield and CPP (Central processing plant).
- Provide daily maintenance to wellfields operation (fixing submersible pumps & motors, swabbing wells, changing out broken components, etc.)
- Construction in the CPP and wellfield, building components for header houses, piping manifolds and trunk lines with HDPE, stainless steel and PVC
- Operate tools and equipment as needed per job tasks in operations and construction
- Basic mathematical skills
- High school diploma or GED
- Attendance, dependability and punctuality
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To qualify for this position an individual must be knowledgeable of basic industrial plant or water treatment plant operations and have a willingness to learn and follow company procedures for the safe and efficient operation of the CPP.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to be insured by the company.
- Ability to work productively with minimal supervision and communicate effectively with supervisor, other operators and co-workers.
- Must be able to read and write and perform basic math including multiplication and division, and operate computerized plant operating system with moderate complexity.
- Experience working with chemicals, pumps, flow meters, filters and basic water treatment equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot and correct malfunctions of equipment or other anticipated conditions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A high school diploma.
- Experience at an industrial type plant or water treatment plant desirable.
- Experience using a computer based industrial plant operations system desirable.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, company procedures, and memos.
- Ability to write and maintain records.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to use basic computer word processing and spreadsheet programs (i.e. Word, Excel,).
- Ability to effectively use a computer based industrial plant operations system.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Self-motivated during daily operations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- A valid class “C” driver’s license is necessary.
SAFETY POLICIES AND PRACTICES
The employee must be knowledgeable about and follow the company’s industrial safety and radiation safety policies and procedures.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and sit; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee may occasionally lift 25-100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee must be able to be medically approved to wear a full-face negative pressure air purifying respirator.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to hazards typically associated with a uranium ISR plant facility which includes the presence of low levels of radioactive materials and radiation, low to moderate noises levels, moving equipment, slips on wet surfaces, and trips related to uneven ground and facility equipment. The work environment is indoor/outdoor work to complete inspections and other duties. Therefore, on occasion the employee can be exposed to inclement weather including cold, hot, snow, rain, mud etc.
To apply for this job email your details to JDouthit@stratawyo.com