Website Strata Energy Inc.
DEPARTMENT: Wellfield Construction
REPORTS TO: Construction Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
This position is responsible for the operation of a cementing unit and dry bulk cement truck. The position will also require the operation of a water truck and equipment utilized during the well cementing and installation process. This position also supports the exploration program and holes abandonment. The construction of wellfield components will also be a part of the everyday work
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Safely operate cementing unit and dry bulk cement truck.
- Safely operate water truck and other equipment used in the well cementing and installation process.
- Abandon wells and holes on site.
- Top off wells and dropping off materials to support the drilling program.
- Maintain required records for certain activities.
- Operate a pickup truck on company premises as necessary.
- Demonstrate strong commitment to safety and environmental protection.
- Support the Construction department and any other areas that require assistance.
- Maintain mechanical components of equipment.
- Other requirements may be needed during employment that are not described in the job description.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To qualify for this position an individual must be knowledgeable of cementing wells and construction related actives. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to be insured by the company.
- Ability to work productively with minimal supervision and communicate effectively with supervisor, other operators, and co-workers.
- Must be able to read and write and perform basic math including multiplication and division.
- Experience working with pulling units and/or water or oil well service type activities.
- Ability to troubleshoot and correct malfunctions of equipment.
EQUIPMENT UTILIZED DURING OPERATIONS
- Dry Bulk Cement Truck
- Water Truck
- Cementing Unit
- Cement Silo
- Centrifugal pumps
- Diesel motors
- Poly Hose Reels
- Air Compressor
- Hand tools and power tools
- A high school diploma.
- Experience with well work and construction activities
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, company procedures, and memos.
- Ability to write and maintain records.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Self-motivated during daily operations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
A valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with Tanker and Air Brake endorsement is required.
SAFETY POLICIES AND PRACTICES
The employee must be knowledgeable about and follow the company’s industrial safety and radiation safety policies and procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and sit; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee may occasionally lift 25-100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to hazards typically associated with a uranium ISR facility which includes the presence of low levels of radioactive materials and radiation, low to moderate noises levels, moving equipment, slips on wet surfaces, and trips related to uneven ground and facility equipment. The work is generally outdoors and the employee can be exposed to inclement weather including cold, hot, snow, rain, mud etc.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org