Website Strata Energy, Inc.
Department: Administrative and Finance
Reports To: Controller
FLSA Status: Hourly/Non-Exempt
The Accounts Payable (AP) Specialist is responsible for handling a wide range of general office tasks and has primary responsibility for procedures associated with processing accounts payable to ensure the accurate and timely payment of bills. The AP Specialist is tasked with producing records, bookkeeping and maintaining documents, for later use by management, auditors and accountants. The ideal candidate for this position should possess an Associate’s Degree in Accounting and preferably relevant work experience. The AP Specialist should be proficient with computers and accounting software to ensure data is properly tracked and be able to work with various people at all levels of the company, especially with managers who authorize payments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Generate purchase orders.
- Review coding and/or code invoices, expense reports, and check requests with correct cost codes.
- Sort and distribute incoming invoices for approval.
- Process three-way match among purchase order, invoice, and proof of delivery.
- Process check requests and expense reports.
- Maintain vendor records.
- Respond to all vendor inquiries.
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies.
- Monitor vendor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- Assist in month-end closing.
- Answer, screen and transfer inbound phone calls
- Receive and direct visitors and vendors
- Assist with other projects as needed.
- Participate in mine site safety program and complete required annual training, follow safety procedures, promote safe behavior, and attend site safety meetings.
To qualify for this position, an individual must possess strong attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication skills and an intermediate understanding of general accounting and business concepts. The position requires proficiency using a computer and other office equipment including telephone, copier, scanner, and fax machine.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma required, college degree with courses in accounting preferred.
- Must be able to follow standard filing procedures.
- Strong problem-solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures.
- Minimum two years of Accounts Payable experience.
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, listening, and customer service skills with the ability to effectively communicate with and work well with others.
- Pleasant telephone manner with a positive attitude and friendly demeanor.
- Ability to deal with vendors in the reconciliation of statements and discussions of procurement and payment activity.
- Ability to collaborate across departments and communicate with a wide array of colleagues in a clear, concise and understandable manner.
- Familiarity with ERP software, especially the Accounts Payable module.
- Ability to use computer word processing and spreadsheet programs including Microsoft Suite.
- Experience with QuickBooks, Outlook, Adobe, and Windows a plus.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, company procedures, memos, invoices, and financial documents such as statements, purchase orders, contracts, etc.
- Ability to think clearly, identify logical patterns, learn new skills and solve complex problems.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- APS (Accredited Payables Specialist), CAPA (Certified Accounts Payable Associate) or CAPP (Certified Accounts Payable Professional) certifications are desirable.
SAFETY POLICIES AND PRACTICES
- The employee must be knowledgeable about and follow the company’s industrial safety and radiation safety policies and procedures.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, WORK SCHEDULE, AND ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As a non-exempt hourly employee, the employee shall work a designated schedule as assigned by management. Employee shall not work over 8 hours per day or 40 hours per week without prior authorization from management. Work is primarily performed in an office environment requiring long periods of computer use and sitting. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and sit; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch; and talk or hear Must also be able to wear personal protective equipment for excursions into the mine site and processing plant.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to hazards typically associated with a uranium ISR plant facility which includes the presence of low levels of radioactive materials and radiation, low to moderate noises levels, moving equipment, slips on wet surfaces, and trips related to uneven ground and facility equipment. Work is occasionally done outdoors and the employee can be exposed to inclement weather including cold, hot, snow, rain, mud, etc. The employee may occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org